A member of the carotenoid family, Astaxanthin is one of the most powerful lipophilic antioxidants yet discovered. Astaxanthin's antioxidant capabilities have shown to be up to 6,000 times more potent than vitamin C, 800 times more potent than CoQ10, 500 times more powerful than vitamin E, and 75 times more potent than alpha lipoic acid. Unlike some carotenoids, Astaxanthin does not convert to Vitamin A (retinol) in the human body and does not pose the risk of toxicity that is associated with high consumption of Vitamin A. The high level of antioxidant activity found in Astaxanthin indicates an increased ability to help support the many age-onset conditions related to oxidative stress.
About Supercritical Extraction
Because H. pluvialis naturally produces Astaxanthin [in about 6 weeks] when exposed to UV light, the Astaxanthin in this product is extracted using a solvent-free, supercritical, CO2 process. Supercritical extraction methods are preferred for Astaxanthin extraction because the highest achievable concentrations in the extract when using organic solvents (e.g. acetone) are actually lower than what would be achieved without the use of such solvents, at least in the case of Astaxanthin.
The reason for this is hypothesized to be because of the composition of H. pluvialis microalgae, which contain Astaxanthin and some lipids, both of which dissolve equally readily in organic solvents like acetone. Consequently, Astaxanthin cannot be selectively separated from the lipids and standardized to higher concentrations using a solvent-based method. Conversely, much higher Astaxanthin concentrations can be achieved with the supercritical CO2 process because of the flexibility to manipulate their dissolving power. Because lipids and carotenoids respond differently to supercritical CO2 and can be selectively separated, it is possible to achieve an extract that is selectively high in the carotenoid, rendering the use of solvents not just unnecessary, but actually irrelevant.
Health Benefits of Astaxanthin
- Superior antioxidant protection*
- Supports healthy immune function*
- Supports joint health*
- Supports healthy heart function*
- Supports eye health*
- Supports healthy cognitive function*
- Supports increased energy levels*
- Supports skin structure during sun exposure*
Astaxanthin Gold (4 mg, 120 liquid veg caps)
Product ID: NGL4558
|Astaxanthin Gold (AstaReal®) - Powerful Antioxidant Defense - 4 mg (120 liquid veg capsules) by NutriGold|
|You Save:||$19.33 (40% off)|
|Availability:||In stock. Ships today (Thursday, April 27) if you order in the next 10 hours and 60 minutes|
- Astaxanthin Gold Highlights
- Natural, pure source of Astaxanthin from Haematococcus pluvialis, a Hawaiian microalgae
- Harvested, processed, and manufactured in the USA
- Features a patented, solvent-free, supercritical Astaxanthin extract with enhanced purity, bioavailabilty, and shelf stability
- Features the most studied brand of Astaxanthin in the world for a wide range of health applications
- Exceptional purity profile - Guaranteed free of herbicides, pesticides, toxins, and heavy metals
- No magnesium stearate, stearic acid, dioxides, sulfates, artificial ingredients, or preservatives
- Verified free of corn, egg, gluten, milk, peanut, shellfish and soy allergens by an independent lab
- Verified free of GMOs by the Non-GMO Project™ Product Verification Program
- 4 mg per liquid veggie capsule / 120 capsules per bottle
- Manufactured to stringent cGMP standards
- Astaxanthin Gold Key Healthy Benefits: Supports energy, endurance, and eye, joint, skin, immune, and heart health*
Suggested UsageAs a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) liquid capsule 1 to 3 times daily with food, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
(solvent-free extract from
Haematococcus pluvialis microalgae)
|†Daily Value not established.|
CautionPlease consult a healthcare professional before taking this supplement if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or taking any medications. Store in original container away from moisture and direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of children.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the source of the active ingredient in Astaxanthin Gold™?
Astaxanthin is extracted from Haematococcus pluvialis, a form of Hawaiian microalgae that produce the bright red carotenoid when exposed to sunlight.
Does Astaxanthin Gold contain anything other than the active ingredient?
In addition to the active ingredient, Astaxanthin Gold contains the following:
- Sunflower lecithin - Used to ensure that the product is at the proper viscosity for consistent encapsulation
- Organic extra virgin olive oil - This is added because Astaxanthin is a fat-soluble carotenoid and the inclusion of Extra Virgin Olive Oil helps enhance the bioavailability of Astaxanthin
Is Astaxanthin Gold free of heavy metals, PCBs, and toxins?
Astaxanthin Gold features an exceptional purity profile and is guaranteed free of heavy metals, PCBs, dioxins, furans, and other toxins.
Is Astaxanthin Gold free of allergens and GMOs?
Astaxanthin Gold is verified free of corn, egg, gluten, milk, peanut, shellfish and soy allergens by an independent lab. It is also verified free of GMOs by the Non-GMO Project™.
Is Astaxanthin Gold suitable for Vegans / Vegetarians?
Astaxanthin Gold is formulated in a vegetarian capsules. It does not contain any animal-derived ingredients and therefore it is suitable for vegans/vegetarians.
How long does it take to notice benefits?
As with any nutritional supplement, Astaxanthin Gold must be taken for at least 6 to 8 weeks, if not longer, to experience noticeable benefits. Please be advised that nutritional supplements work best when they are taken as part of a health maintenance program that includes a sensible diet rich in whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, a moderate exercise program, and the necessary lifestyle changes to support wellness.
What are the side effects, interactions, and/or contraindications, if any, associated with Astaxanthin Gold?
Astaxanthin has no known side effects or interactions, but please consult a healthcare professional before taking this product if you are currently taking and/or are planning to take any OTC or prescription medication. Individuals with a known or suspected medical condition should always talk to a healthcare professional before beginning any form of supplementation. It is never advisable to self-diagnose or self-treat a medical condition. Please consult a healthcare professional before using this product if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding.
Is Astaxanthin Gold safe for long-term use?
Astaxanthin Gold should be safe for both short-term and long-term use when used as directed and under the guidance of a licensed healthcare provider.