About Milk Thistle
Milk Thistle, also known as Silybum marianum or Holy Thistle, has been used for over 2,000 years to support healthy liver and gall bladder function. The plant gets its name from the milky white fluid that is expressed from the leaves when they are crushed. The active ingredient in Milk Thistle, the one believed to help support liver health, is known as Silymarin. Silymarin has antioxidant properties and may help protect liver cells from damage by environmental toxins and support overall liver health. In fact, Milk Thistle is the world's most researched and #1-selling herb for liver health.
Health Benefits of Milk Thistle
Milk Thistle has traditionally been used for its antioxidant and hepato-protective properties to support healthy liver function. Milk Thistle's benefits include the following:
- It is the #1-selling herb for maintaining the functional efficacy of the liver*
- Has antioxidant properties and supports overall liver health*
- Helps protect the liver from toxins in the air, food, and water*
- May offer protection to the liver from side effects of certain drugs (e.g. acetaminophen (Tylenol) and statins), which can cause liver damage in high doses or when used over extended periods of time*
- May protect the liver from potentially dangerous free radical damage produced as a result of the body’s basic metabolic functions*
Milk Thistle Gold (175 mg, 90 veg caps)
Product ID: NGL4501
|#1 Milk Thistle Gold - Most Researched, Clinically-Proven Herb for Liver - 175 mg (90 veg capsules) by NutriGold|
|You Save:||$15.33 (40% off)|
|Availability:||In stock. Ships today (Friday, March 24) if you order in the next 4 hours and 1 minute|
- Milk Thistle Gold Highlights
- Milk Thistle Gold is formulated using the most clinically-studied milk thistle extract in the world, with a proven record of safety and effectiveness
- The extract used in Milk Thistle Gold has been the subject of over 100 clinical studies
- 2x more bioavailable than standard milk thistle preparations
- Standardized to ALL six isomers of silymarin, consistent with United States Pharmacopeia specifications
- Pharmaceutical Grade - guaranteed purity, potency, stability, solubility, structure, bioavailability, and bioactivity
- Verified free of corn, egg, gluten, milk, peanut, shellfish, and soy allergens by an independent lab
- NO magnesium stearate, stearic aicd, dioxides, sulfates, artificial ingredients, or preservatives
- Verified free of GMOs by the Non-GMO Project™ Product Verification Program
- Certified vegan and kosher
- 175 mg per veggie capsule / 90 capsules per bottle
- Manufactured to stringent cGMP standards
- Milk Thistle Gold Key Health Benefits: Support liver detoxification and healthy liver function*
Suggested UsageAs a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) veggie capsule 1 to 3 times daily with food, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
|Milk Thistle Extract
(Silybum marianum [seed] standardized
to 80% silymarins including silybinin,
isolsilybinin, silychristin, and silydianin)
|†Daily Value not established.|
CautionPlease consult ya healthcare professional before taking this supplement if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or taking any medications. Store in original container away from moisture and direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of children.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if I need to take Milk Thistle?
The liver is one of the largest organs in our body, second only to the skin, and responsible for over 500 vital functions including, but not limited to, breaking down food, insulin, hormones and medications, synthesizing proteins, metabolizing carbohydrates and lipids (including regulating cholesterol levels), red blood cell production during the first trimester of pregnancy, and emulsifying fats using bile. It follows that, over time, the liver may become tired and sluggish, and liver fatigue can impact overall well being. Taking Milk Thistle as part of a healthy daily regimen can help maintain optimal liver health and protect the liver from free radical cell damage and damages caused by environmental toxins.
What is the active ingredient in Milk Thistle?
The active ingredient in the Milk Thistle plant, the one that is thought to have protective benefits for the liver, is known as silymarin. Silymarin is actually a group of flavonoids, including silibinin, silidianin, and silicristin, which are thought to help protect the liver from the damaging effects of environmental toxins.
Is Milk Thistle Gold free of allergens and GMOs?
Milk Thistle Gold is verified free of corn, egg, gluten, milk, peanut, shellfish and soy allergens by an independent lab. Individuals who are allergic to ragweed and other plants related to ragweed should check with a healthcare professional before taking milk thistle. Milk Thistle Gold is also verified free of GMOs by the Non-GMO Project™.
Is Milk Thistle Gold suitable for Vegans / Vegetarians?
Milk Thistle Gold is certified vegan by Vegan Action.
How long does it take to notice benefits?
Unlike OTC and prescription drugs that provide instant, temporary, symptomatic relief, herbal supplements provide progressive, long-term benefits by strengthening and supporting the body's natural defenses. Most herbal supplements, including Milk Thistle Gold, need to be taken for at least 8 to 12 weeks before the benefits of taking the supplement can be experienced. Please be advised that nutritional supplements work best when they are taken as part of a health maintenance program that includes a sensible diet rich in whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, a moderate exercise program, and the necessary lifestyle changes to support wellness.
In addition to the active ingredient, Milk Thistle Gold contains some rice flour. Because natural extracts can vary from batch to batch in terms of consistency, moisture (or stickiness) and particle size, it is sometimes necessary to add rice flour during the manufacturing process to help ensure product integrity without compromising product safety or effectiveness.
What are the side effects, interactions, and/or contraindications, if any, associated with Milk Thistle Gold?
Milk Thistle Gold features a plant extract and is generally well tolerated. It has been prescribed for use in most European countries to support liver health for almost 30 years. In rare cases, a mild laxative action (and more rarely, other gastrointestinal effects) has been observed, which can be minimized by taking Milk Thistle Gold during or right after a meal.
Pregnant and lactating women should not take milk thistle. Diabetic individuals and individuals with hormone-sensitive conditions should check with a healthcare professional before taking milk thistle. Little is known about the interactions between milk thistle and OTC and prescription drugs, so individuals currently taking or planning to take any OTC or prescription medication (e.g. medications changed by the liver, hormones, statins) should take milk thistle only under the guidance of a healthcare professional.
Is Milk Thistle Gold safe for long-term use?
Milk Thistle Gold is generally regarded as safe at the recommended dosages and there have been no reports of toxicity when taken over a long period of time (up to 6 years).
View Our Top Sellers In:
May We Suggest:
Brand: Doctor's Best
Product ID: DRB3215
30 enteric coated tablets
- Milk Thistle Thisilyn
Brand: Nature's Way
Product ID: NWY3201
100 veggie caps
- Curcumin C3 complex
Brand: Doctor's Best
Product ID: DRB3202
- Amla Gold - Antioxidant and Immune Support
Product ID: NGL4540
90 veg capsules
Brand: Source Naturals
Product ID: SRN3219
- Triphala Gold (Organic) - Cleanse, Detox, and Digestion Support
Product ID: NGL4542
120 veg capsules