About St. John's Wort
St. John's Wort is a medicinal herb that has a long history of traditional use in Europe as a phytomedicine to support mental health and emotional wellness. St. John's Wort's medicinal uses were first recorded in ancient Greece. The name St. John's Wort comes from the fact that the plant flowers around St. John's Day, which falls on June 24th. The aerial parts of the herb that are used medicinally are harvested during the flowering season and then dried to make the extract. St. John's Wort contains many beneficial compounds, hypericins and hyperforins being the two most common, that are responsible for the herb's therapeutic benefits.
Health Benefits of St. John's Wort
- Supports positive mood and overall emotional wellness*
- Helps manage anxiety and promote calmness*
- Helps manage emotional symptoms associated with PMS*
St. Johns Wort Gold (300 mg, 90 veg caps)
Product ID: NGL4515
|St. John's Wort Gold - Clinically Proven Ingredient for Emotional Wellness - 300 mg (90 veg capsules) by NutriGold|
|You Save:||$9.99 (40% off)|
|Availability:||In stock. Ships today (Thursday, April 27) if you order in the next 10 hours and 54 minutes|
- St. John's Wort Gold Highlights
- High-quality, wild-crafted and clinically validated extract of St. John’s Wort
- Standardized to 0.3% hypericins
- Pharmaceutical Grade - guaranteed purity, potency, stability, solubility, structure, bioavailability, and bioactivity
- No magnesium stearate, stearic acid, dioxides, sulfates, artificial ingredients, or preservatives
- Verified free of corn, egg, gluten, milk, peanut, shellfish, and soy allergens by an independent lab
- Verified free of GMOs by the Non-GMO Project™ Product Verification Program
- Non-habit-forming - safe for long-term use
- Non-sedative - does not produce drowsiness
- 300 mg per veggie capsule / 90 capsules per bottle
- Manufactured to stringent cGMP standards
- St. John's Wort Gold Key Health Benefits: Supports positive mood, calmness, relaxation, and overall emotional wellness*
Suggested UsageAs a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) veggie capsule 1 to 3 times daily, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
|St. John's Wort Extract Complex
(Hypericum perforatum [flower]
standardized to 0.3% hypericins)
|†Daily Value not established.|
CautionPlease consult a healthcare professional before taking this product if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or taking any medications. Avoid excessive exposure to UV radiation (e.g., sunlight, tanning) when taking this product. Store in original container away from moisture and direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of children.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the active ingredients in St. John's Wort Gold?
St. John's Wort contains many beneficial compounds, hypericins and hyperforins being the two most common, that are responsible for the herb's therapeutic benefits.
Does St. John's Wort Gold contain anything other than the active ingredient?
In addition to the active ingredient, St. John's Wort Gold contains:
- Tapioca Maltodextrin - The Maltodextrin in the product is actually part of the St. John's Wort ingredient complex and was not added to the product by NutriGold during manufacturing. Because the FDA guidelines on declaring excipients present in the ingredient on a finished product's label are vague, most companies choose not to declare these excipients even though they are present in a significant enough amount and consumers should have that information when making a purchasing decision.
Because what you see is NOT what you always get when it comes to supplements, NutriGold is once again leading the way with regard to truth and transparency in supplement labeling by declaring not just what is added by us during manufacturing, but also declaring excipients that are a part of the ingredient complex we source from our vendors. This is just another thing we do at NutriGold to ensure that our valued customers have all the information they need to make informed purchasing decisions. One small step for NutriGold, one giant leap for supplement consumers everywhere!
What are some purity concerns with St. John's Wort?
The most important purity concern with St. John's Wort is the residual amount of Cadmium in the extract. St. John's Wort is a known Cadmium collector, which means the plant has a tendency to absorb large amounts of Cadmium from the soil. To ensure a pure extract, it is extremely important that St. John's Wort is grown in soil free of this heavy metal and care is taken to ensure that trace amounts, if any, that are naturally present in the herb, are removed during extraction.
Is St. John's Wort Gold free of allergens and GMOs?
St. John's Wort Gold is verified free of corn, egg, gluten, milk, peanut, shellfish and soy allergens by an independent lab. It's also verified free of GMOs by the Non-GMO Project™.
Is St. John's Wort Gold suitable for vegans/vegetarians?
St. John's Wort GOLD does not contain any animal-derived ingredients and is, therefore, suitable for use by vegans/vegetarians.
How long do I have to take St. John's Wort Gold™before I see any benefits?
Unlike OTC and prescription drugs that provide instant, temporary, symptomatic relief, dietary supplements provide progressive, long-term benefits by strengthening and supporting the body's natural defenses. Most supplements, including St. John's Wort Gold, need to be taken for at least 6 to 8 weeks before the benefits of taking the supplement can be experienced. Please be advised that nutritional supplements work best when they are taken as part of a health maintenance program that includes a sensible diet rich in whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, a moderate exercise program, and the necessary lifestyle changes to support wellness.
What are the side effects, interactions, and/or contraindications, if any, associated with St. John's Wort Gold?
Some side effects that have been reported include trouble sleeping, vivid dreams, restlessness, anxiety, irritability, stomach upset, fatigue, dry mouth, dizziness, headache, skin rash, diarrhea, and tingling. Take St. John's Wort Gold in the morning if it seems to be causing sleep problems. St. John's Wort may cause increased light-sensitivity in some individuals, so please use caution when taking this product and avoid exposure to excessive sunlight.
Please consult your healthcare provider before taking this product if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, currently breastfeeding, or taking ANY prescription or OTC medications (St. John's Wort does have many known drug interactions). Individuals with Alzheimer's disease, ADHD, bipolar disorder, depression, schizophrenia, or any other known or suspected medical condition, or those planning a medical procedure, should consult a healthcare professional before taking St. John's Wort.
Is St. John's Wort Gold safe for long-term use?
St. John's Wort Gold does not have any sedative effects and is not habit-forming; so, it should be safe for long-term use as long as it taken as instructed and under the guidance of licensed medical professional.
View Our Top Sellers In:
May We Suggest:
- Rhodiola Force
Brand: New Chapter
Product ID: NCP3202
30 veggie caps
- 5-HTP Gold - Positive Mood
Product ID: NGL4521
120 veg capsules
Brand: Doctor's Best
Product ID: DRB3207
60 veggie caps
- Ashwagandha Gold - Relaxation and Energy Support
Product ID: NGL4503
90 veg capsules
- Pharma GABA
Brand: Natural Factors
Product ID: NFS3228
60 chewable tablets
Brand: Natural Factors
Product ID: NFS3216
60 enteric coated capsules