About Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids, also known as polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), are essential fatty acids that are implicated in several bodily functions. However, the body cannot make these fatty acids, making it necessary to get the required amounts from food (e.g. fatty fish) or supplementation. Omega-3 fatty acids can be found in fish, such as salmon, cod, tuna, and halibut, other seafood including algae and krill, some plants, and nut oils. Although Omega-3 fatty acids play a crucial role in supporting cardiovascular and joint health, they are also extremely important for brain function as well as normal growth and development.
Update: Change from Ethyl Ester to Triglyceride form of Omega-3s
Most fish oil supplements are either available in Ethyl Ester form or the Triglyceride form. Structurally, the major difference between the two forms is that in Ethyl Ester, the fatty acids (EPA & DHA) are esterified to an ethanol backbone, while in TG, the fatty acids are esterified to a glycerol alcohol backbone.
Until recently, our Triple Strength Omega-3 Gold product featured omega-3 fatty acids in the ethyl ester form. However, we are pleased to announce that, in keeping with our tradition of innovation and excellence and in response to increasing consumer preference for the natural triglyceride form of fatty acids, our Triple Strength Omega-3 Gold product now delivers EPA, DHA, and other omega fatty acids in triglyceride form instead of the ethyl ester form that was in earlier formulations.
Other updates include a minor change in total omega-3 fatty acids from 1,060 mg per softgel to 1,050 mg per softgel, change in EPA amount from 750 mg to 725 mg and a corresponding increase in DHA from 250 mg to 275 mg per softgel.
Health Benefits of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Supports overall cardiovascular health*
- Supports cognitive function*
- Supports joint health*
- Supports vision health*
- Supports positive mood and emotional health*
TS Omega-3 Gold (as TG) (1,300 mg, 180 softgels)
Product ID: NGL4518
|Omega-3 Gold - Triple Strength (1,050 mg Pharmaceutical Grade Omega-3s as TG per Softgel) - 1,300 mg (180 softgels) by NutriGold|
|You Save:||$32.66 (40% off)|
- Triple Strength Omega-3 Gold® Highlights
- Formulated with premium fish oil concentrate providing high potencies of EPA and DHA
- Pharmaceutical grade fish oil sourced from wild-caught Alaska pollock from pure Alaskan ocean waters
- MSC-certified sustainable source of fish oil
- IFOS 5-Star certified for meeting GOED, CRN & WHO standards for purity, potency, and freshness
- Contains 1,000 mg (1 gram) of the essential EPA and DHA fatty acids in each 1,300 mg soft gel
- Molecularly distilled, independently tested, and guaranteed by a third-party lab to be free of heavy metals, Dioxins, PCB, and toxins
- Independently verified by third-party labs to free of allergens, GMOs, and radioactive contaminants
- 100% product of the USA - most of the Fish Oil products currently sold in the US are from fish that are caught in the warm, Atlantic waters off the coast of South America, processed and extracted in manufacturing facilities off the coast of Norway, and encapsulated in the USA
- Triple Strength Omega-3 Gold® Key Health Benefits: Support brain, joint, heart, skin and eye health.*
Suggested UsageAs a dietary supplement, adults take one (2) softgels daily with food, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
|Total Fat||2.5 g||4%*|
|Molecularly Distilled Fish Oil Concentrate||2,600 mg||†|
|Total Omega-3 Fatty Acids Ω||2,100 mg||†|
|Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA)||1,450 mg||†|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)||550 mg||†|
|Other Omega-3 Acids||100 mg||†|
|*Percent Daily Value is based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
†Daily Values not established Ω Expressed as r-Triglycerides
CautionPlease consult a healthcare professional before taking this supplement if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking any medications, or planning any medical procedure. Store in original container away from moisture and direct sunlight. Product may be refrigerated to maintain freshness and potency. Keep out of reach of children.
Frequently Asked Questions about Omega-3
What are Omega-3 Fatty Acids?
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential fatty acids because they perform a number of essential functions in the body. Also known as polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), Omega-3 fatty acids play an important role in supporting heart, joint, and cognitive health.
What is the recommended dosage of Omega-3 fatty acids?
The typical American diet is rich in Omega-6 fatty acids and low in Omega-3 fatty acids, making supplementation necessary. Depending on the reason for taking a Fish Oil supplement, recommended dosages can range from 500 mg to 3000 mg (3g). Doses exceeding 3000 mg a day, either from diet or supplementation, can actually increase risk of internal bleeding and should only be taken in consultation with and under the guidance of a healthcare professional. If you have or suspect a medical condition, please talk to your doctor before starting any kind of supplementation.
Is Omega-3 safe for long-term use?
When taken as directed and in conjunction with a sensible diet and exercise program, Omega-3 is generally recognized as safe (GRAS). However, caution is always advised in individuals who have or suspect a medical condition.
What are the contraindications for Omega-3?
Individuals who are pregnant or plan to become pregnant, are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed, those with a known or suspected medical condition, and those currently taking or planning to take OTC or prescription medications for any medical condition should use fish oil supplements only under the guidance of a healthcare professional. Individuals with a known or suspected allergy to fish and/or other ingredients in the fish oil supplement should find alternative ways to supplement their diets with Omega-3.
Does Omega-3 interact with any prescription medications?
Because fish oil may increase fasting blood glucose levels, diabetic individuals currently taking or planning to take diabetic medications should take fish oil only under the supervision of their healthcare provider. Fish oil may also interact with supplements and medications that lower blood pressure, block the absorption of fats to effect weight loss, and birth control pills. As a general rule, please do not self-diagnose, self-treat, or self-medicate, if you know or suspect a medical condition.
View Our Top Sellers In:
May We Suggest:
- Ginkgo Biloba Gold - Cognitive and Circulation Support
Product ID: NGL4530
90 veg capsules
- Nattokinase - Superior Circulation & Vascular Support
Brand: Doctor's Best
Product ID: DRB3214
90 veggie caps
- Omega-3 + CoQ10 + Vitamin D3 GOLD (Ultimate 3-in1 Formula)
Product ID: NGL4534
- Resveratrol Gold (Whole Grape Extract + Red Wine Polyphenols) - Antioxidant, Heart, and Healthy Aging Support
Product ID: NGL4546
120 veg capsules
- Zyflamend - #1-Selling Joint Support Formula in the US & Canada
Brand: New Chapter
Product ID: NCP3205
- Extra strength Ginkgo
Brand: Doctor's Best
Product ID: DRB3201