About Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids, also known as polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), are essential fatty acids that are implicated in several bodily functions. However, the body cannot make these fatty acids, making it necessary to get the required amounts from food (e.g. fatty fish) or supplementation. Omega-3 fatty acids can be found in fish, such as salmon, cod, tuna, and halibut, other seafood including algae and krill, some plants, and nut oils. Although Omega-3 fatty acids play a crucial role in supporting cardiovascular and joint health, they are also extremely important for brain function as well as normal growth and development.
Ethyl Ester (EE) versus Triglyceride (TG) forms of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Most fish oil supplements are either available in Ethyl Ester form or the Triglyceride form. Structurally, the major difference between the two forms is that in Ethyl Ester, the fatty acids (EPA & DHA) are esterified to an ethanol backbone, while in TG, the fatty acids are esterified to a glycerol alcohol backbone; there are absolutely no differences in the two forms of fish oil in terms of stability. The vast majority of clinical studies examining supplemental Omega-3s have been performed on the Ethyl Ester form and results from studies comparing the relative bioavailability of the EE form versus the TG form have found increased bioavailability of the TG form in the short-term (2 weeks), but this difference disappears when fish oil is routinely supplemented and a steady state has been achieved over a longer period of time.
The scientific evidence currently available does not point to any significant differences between the two forms in terms of bioavailability or health benefits when taken over extended periods of time (which is the norm for most individuals) and the decision to supplement with the TG form versus the EE form is, in most cases, a matter of personal preference.
Health Benefits of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Supports overall cardiovascular health*
- Supports cognitive function*
- Supports joint health*
- Supports vision health*
- Supports positive mood and emotional health*
TS Omega-3 GOLD™ (1,250 mg, 180 softgels)
Product ID: NGL4518
|Omega-3 GOLD™ - Triple Strength (1060 mg Omega-3s per Softgel) (Pharmaceutical Grade 85% Omega-3 Fish Oil) - 1,250 mg (180 softgels) by NutriGold|
|You Save:||$24.66 (40% off)|
|Availability:||In stock. Ships today (Wednesday, October 7) if you order in the next 11 hours and 60 minutes|
- Triple Strength Omega-3 GOLD™ Highlights
- Formulated with premium fish oil concentrate providing the highest potencies of EPA and DHA currently available without a prescription
- Pharmaceutical grade fish oil concentrate sourced from wild-caught Pacific fish (Cod, Pollock) found in deep, cold, pure Alaskan ocean waters
- MSC Certified Sustainable
- IFOS 5-Star Certified for meeting GOED, CRN & WHO standards for purity, potency, and freshness
- Contains 1,000 mg (1 gram) of the essential EPA and DHA fatty acids in each 1,250 mg softgel
- Molecularly distilled, independently tested, and guaranteed by a third-party lab to be free of heavy metals, Dioxins, PCB, and toxins
- Verified free of allergens by an independent, third-party lab
- Verified free of GMOs by an independent, third-party lab specializing in GMO testing
- 100% product of the USA - most of the Fish Oil products currently sold in the US are from fish that are caught in the warm, Atlantic waters off the coast of South America, processed and extracted in manufacturing facilities off the coast of Norway, and encapsulated in USA
- Triple Strength Omega-3 GOLD™ Key Health Benefits: Helps support heart, brain, and joint health*
Suggested UsageAs a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) softgel 1 to 2 times daily before food, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
|Calories from Fat||11|
|Total Fat||1.25 g||2%*|
|Fish Oil (Molecularly distilled and concentrated)||1,250 mg||†|
|Total Omega-3 Fatty Acids Ω||1,060 mg||†|
|Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA)||750 mg||†|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)||250 mg||†|
|Other Omega-3 Acids||60 mg||†|
|*Percent Daily Value based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
†Daily Values not established Ω Expressed as Ethyl Esters
CautionConsult your healthcare provider before taking this supplement if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking any medications, or planning any medical procedure. Individuals taking more than 3 g of Omega-3s per day from supplements should do so only under a physician's care. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of the reach of children.
Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA Omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease*
Frequently Asked Questions about Omega-3
What are Omega-3 Fatty Acids?
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential fatty acids because they perform a number of essential functions in the body. Also known as polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), Omega-3 fatty acids play an important role in supporting heart, joint, and cognitive health.
What is the recommended dosage of Omega-3 fatty acids?
The typical American diet is rich in Omega-6 fatty acids and low in Omega-3 fatty acids, making supplementation necessary. Depending on the reason for taking a Fish Oil supplement, recommended dosages can range from 500 mg to 3000 mg (3g). Doses exceeding 3000 mg a day, either from diet or supplementation, can actually increase risk of internal bleeding and should only be taken in consultation with and under the guidance of a healthcare professional. If you have or suspect a medical condition, please talk to your doctor before starting any kind of supplementation.
Is Omega-3 safe for long-term use?
When taken as directed and in conjunction with a sensible diet and exercise program, Omega-3 is generally recognized as safe (GRAS). However, caution is always advised in individuals who have or suspect a medical condition.
What are the contraindications for Omega-3?
Individuals who are pregnant or plan to become pregnant, are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed, those with a known or suspected medical condition, and those currently taking or planning to take OTC or prescription medications for any medical condition should use fish oil supplements only under the guidance of a healthcare professional. Individuals with a known or suspected allergy to fish and/or other ingredients in the fish oil supplement should find alternative ways to supplement their diets with Omega-3.
Does Omega-3 interact with any prescription medications?
Because fish oil may increase fasting blood glucose levels, diabetic individuals currently taking or planning to take diabetic medications should take fish oil only under the supervision of their healthcare provider. Fish oil may also interact with supplements and medications that lower blood pressure, block the absorption of fats to effect weight loss, and birth control pills. As a general rule, please do not self-diagnose, self-treat, or self-medicate, if you know or suspect a medical condition.
View Our Top Sellers In:
May We Suggest:
- Ginkgo Biloba GOLD™ - Brain Health (Double Strength)
Product ID: NGL4530
180 veg. capsules
- Nattokinase - Superior Circulation & Vascular Support
Brand: Doctor's Best
Product ID: DRB3214
90 veggie caps
- Omega-3 + CoQ10 + Vitamin D3 GOLD (Ultimate 3-in1 Formula)
Product ID: NGL4534
- Resveratrol GOLD™ w/ Grape seed, skin and Red Wine Polyphenols
Product ID: NGL4546
120 veg. capsules
- Zyflamend - #1-Selling Joint Support Formula in the US & Canada
Brand: New Chapter
Product ID: NCP3205
- Extra strength Ginkgo
Brand: Doctor's Best
Product ID: DRB3201