About Vitamin K
Vitamin K is an essential, fat-soluble vitamin that cannot be synthesized by the body, making supplementation necessary. Vitamin K serves many important functions in the body including facilitating calcium uptake for healthy bones, supporting healthy heart and kidney functions, and supporting healthy aging. The three forms of Vitamin K are: Vitamin K1 (phylloquinone), Vitamin K2 (menaquinone), and Vitamin K3 (menaphthone), which is a synthetic form of Vitamin K that can cause liver toxicity and is not available as a dietary supplement.
Vitamin K1 is synthesized by plants and is known as a plant source of Vitamin K. Vitamin K1 is present in relatively high amounts in green, leafy vegetables (e.g. kale, spinach) and most individuals get some amount of Vitamin K1 from their diet, but it is not as biologically active as Vitamin K2. Vitamin K2 (as MK-4) is the most common form of K2 in animal products, but it is in synthetic form in supplements. The problem with MK-4 is that it has a very short half-life in the body (about 1 hour), which means frequent supplementation is required to maintain adequate Vitamin K2 levels. Vitamin K2 (as MK-7) is the most bioavailable and biologically active form of Vitamin K2. This form of K2 is naturally present in high amounts in the Japanese food, natto, which is made with fermented soybeans. MK-7 has the highest biological half-life, which means it is available for use by the body over a longer period of time and ensures consistent blood levels of the vitamin.
Health Benefits of Vitamin K
- Supports calcium uptake and bone mineralization*
- Supports healthy bones*
- Supports healthy cardiovascular function*
- Supports dental health*
- Supports prostate*
Vitamin K2 Gold (100 mcg, 120 liquid veg caps)
Product ID: NGL4568
|Vitamin K2 (Food-Sourced as MK-7) Gold - Bone and Heart Support - 100 mcg (120 liquid veg caps) by NutriGold|
|You Save:||$18.66 (40% off)|
|Availability:||In stock. Ships today (Thursday, April 27) if you order in the next 10 hours and 50 minutes|
- Vitamin K2 MK-7 Gold Highlights
- Natural food source of vitamin K2 (as MK-7) from fermented non-GMO soybeans (or Natto)
- Highly active and bioavailable form of natural vitamin K2 standardized to only the active MK-7 isomer
- Synergistically formulated with organic extra virgin olive oil, an important source of antioxidants and polyphenolic compounds
- Clinically-proven bioavailability and enhanced stability
- Solvent-free biofermentation process ensures pure and effective all-trans (> 99%) MK-7
- No magnesium stearate, stearic acid, dioxides, sulfates, artificial ingredients, or preservatives
- Verified free of corn, egg, gluten, milk, peanut, shellfish, and soy allergens by an independent lab
- Verified non-GMO through supply-chain verification and real-time PCR testing by an independent lab
- Certified vegan and kosher
- 100 mcg per liquid veggie capsule / 120 capsules per bottle
- Manufactured to stringent cGMP standards
- Vitamin K2 (MK-7) Gold Key Health Benefits: Supports calcium absorption and heart, bone, dental and prostate health*
Suggested UsageAs a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) liquid capsule daily, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
(as vitamin K2 [MK-7] from natto)
|*Percent Daily Value is based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
CautionPlease consult a healthcare professional before taking this supplement if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or taking any medications. Store in original container away from moisture and direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of children.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the source of the active ingredient in Vitamin K2 Gold?
Our vitamin K2 is sourced from fermented non-GMO soybeans, or Natto, a popular food in Japan.
Does Vitamin K2 Gold contain anything other than the active ingredient?
In addition to the active ingredient, Vitamin K2 Gold contains the following ingredients:
- Sunflower lecithin - Used to ensure that the product is at the proper viscosity for consistent encapsulation
- Organic extra virgin olive oil - This is added because Vitamin K2 is a fat-soluble nutrient and requires some kind of fat, olive oil in this case, for enhanced bioavailability
Is Vitamin K2 Gold free of heavy metals and microbial contaminants?
Vitamin K2 Gold features an exceptional purity profile and is guaranteed free of microbial contaminants, heavy metals, and other toxins.
Is Vitamin K2 Gold free of allergens and GMOs?
Vitamin K2 Gold is verified free of corn, egg, gluten, milk, peanut, shellfish, and soy allergens. This product contains a soy derivative (Natto) and although the product has been tested to be free of soy protein allergen, individuals with a known or suspected allergy to soy or soy derivatives should consult a healthcare professional before taking Vitamin K2 Gold. Vitamin K2 Gold is verified non-GMO through supply-chain verification and real-time PCR testing by an independent lab
Is Vitamin K2 Gold suitable for vegans/vegetarians?
Vitamin K2 Gold is certified vegan by Vegan Action.
How long does it take to notice benefits?
As with any nutritional supplement, Vitamin K2 Gold must be taken for at least 8 to 12 weeks to experience noticeable benefits. Please be advised that nutritional supplements work best when they are taken as part of a health maintenance program that includes a sensible diet rich in whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, a moderate exercise program, and the necessary lifestyle changes to support wellness.
What are the side effects, interactions, and/or contraindications, if any, associated with Vitamin K2 Gold?
Vitamin K2 Gold does not have any known side effects when taken in the recommended amount. Vitamin K2 should not be taken by individuals who are currently taking anticoagulant drugs like warfarin, coumadin, and heparin, to name a few. Consult a healthcare professional before taking this product if you are currently taking these, or any other OTC or prescription medication. Individuals with kidney or liver disease, reduced bile secretion, or any other known or suspected medical condition, or those planning a medical procedure should consult a healthcare professional before taking Vitamin K2.
Is Vitamin K2 Gold safe for long-term use?
Vitamin K2 Gold should be safe for both short-term and long-term use when used as directed and under the guidance of a licensed healthcare provider.