About Vitamin K
Vitamin K is an essential, fat-soluble vitamin that cannot be synthesized by the body, making supplementation necessary. Vitamin K is actually a group of three vitamins: Vitamin K1 (phylloquinone), Vitamin K2 (menaquinone), and Vitamin K3 (menaphthone), which is a synthetic form of Vitamin K.
Vitamin K2 (as MK-7) is the active isomer of Vitamin K and has the highest bioavailability and longest half-life in the blood. Vitamin K serves many important functions in the body including facilitating calcium uptake and bone mineralization for healthy bones, supporting healthy heart and kidney functions, and supporting healthy aging.
Health Benefits of Vitamin K
- Supports calcium uptake and bone mineralization*
- Supports healthy bones*
- Supports healthy cardiovascular function*
- Supports healthy kidney function*
- Supports healthy aging*
Vitamin K2 GOLD™ (100 mcg, 120 softgels)
Product ID: NGL4568
|Vitamin K2 (as MK-7) GOLD™ - Bone and Heart Support - 100 mcg (120 Softgels) by NutriGold|
|You Save:||$15.33 (40% off)|
|Availability:||OUT OF STOCK|
- Vitamin K2 (MK-7) GOLD™ Highlights
- 100% Natural source of Vitamin K2 (as MK-7) from fermented non-GMO soybeans (or Natto)
- Highly active and bioavailable form of natural Vitamin K2 standardized to only the active MK-7 isomer
- Synergistically formulated with Organic Olive Oil, an important source of antioxidants and polyphenolic compounds
- Clinically-proven bioavailability and enhanced stability
- Free of Solvents and Preservatives
- Manufactured without the use of GMOs, fillers, binders, artificial ingredients, preservatives, Stearates, Laurates, Sulfates, and Dioxides
- Verified free of allergens by an independent, third-party lab
- Verified free of GMOs by an independent, third-party lab specializing in GMO testing
- 100 mcg per softgel / 120 softgels per bottle
- Manufactured to stringent cGMP standards
- Vitamin K2 (MK-7) GOLD™ Key Health Benefits: Supports calcium uptake, bone mineralization, and healthy heart and kidney function*
Suggested UsageAs a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) softgel a day, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
|Natural Vitamin K2 (as MK-7 from Natto)||100 mcg||125%*|
|*Percent Daily Value based on a 2,000 calorie diet|
CautionPlease consult your healthcare provider before taking this supplement if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, and/or currently taking any OTC or prescription medication (e.g. anti-coagulant drugs like warfarin, coumadin, heparin) for a health condition. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of the reach of children.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Vitamin K?
Vitamin K is an essential, fat-soluble vitamin that cannot be synthesized by the body, making supplementation necessary. Vitamin K is actually a group of three vitamins: Vitamin K1 (phylloquinone), Vitamin K2 (menaquinone), and Vitamin K3 (menaphthone), which is a synthetic form of Vitamin K. Vitamin K1 is synthesized by plants and is known as a plant source of Vitamin K. Vitamin K1 is present in relatively high amounts in green, leafy vegetables (e.g. kale, spinach) and most individuals get some amount of Vitamin K1 from their diet. There is some debate about whether or not Vitamin K1 has to be converted by the body to the more biologically active Vitamin K2 form to be therapeutically beneficial.
Vitamin K2 (as MK-7) is the active isomer of Vitamin K and has the highest bioavailability and longest half-life in the blood and is the most common form of Vitamin K2 supplement commercially available.
What is the source of the active ingredient in Vitamin K2 GOLD™?
Vitamin K2 is sourced from fermented non-GMO soybeans or Natto, a popular food in Japan.
Does Vitamin K2 GOLD™ contain anything other than the active ingredient?
In addition to the active ingredient, Vitamin K2 GOLD™ contains the following ingredients:
- Organic Oilve Oil - This is added because Vitamin K2 is a fat-soluble nutrient and requires some kind of fat, Olive Oil in this case, for enhanced bioavailability
- Bovine Gelatin, Non-GMO Vegetable Glycerin, and Purified Water - These are the components of the softgel used to encapsulate all of the ingredients
Is Vitamin K2 GOLD™ free of heavy metals, PCBs, and toxins?
Vitamin K2 GOLD™ features an exceptional purity profile and is guaranteed free of microbial contaminants, heavy metals, and other toxins.
Is Vitamin K2 GOLD™ free of allergens and GMOs?
Vitamin K2 GOLD™ is verified free of egg, milk, peanut, shellfish and wheat and verified free of GMOs by independent, third-party labs. This product contains a soy derivative (Natto) and although the product has been tested to be free of soy protein allergen, individuals with a known or suspected allergy to soy or soy derivates should consult a healthcare provider before taking Vitamin K2 GOLD™.
Is Vitamin K2 GOLD™ suitable for vegans/vegetarians?
Vitamin K2 GOLD™ is encapsulated using bovine gelatin, which is an animal derivative. For this reason, Vitamin K2 Gold™ is NOT suitable for vegans or vegetarians.
Is the gelatin used to encapsulate the product Kosher/Halal?
While the gelatin used to encapsulate Vitamin K2 GOLD™ is certified Kosher/Halal, the product itself is NOT certified Kosher.
How long does it take to notice benefits?
As with any nutritional supplement, Vitamin K2 GOLD™ must be taken for at least 8 to 12 weeks, if not longer, to experience noticeable benefits. Please be advised that nutritional supplements work best when they are taken as part of a health maintenance program that includes a sensible diet rich in whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, a moderate exercise program, and the necessary lifestyle changes to support wellness.
Is Vitamin K2 GOLD™ safe for long-term use?
Vitamin K2 GOLD™ should be safe for both short-term and long-term use when used as directed and under the guidance of a licensed healthcare provider.
Is Vitamin K2 GOLD™ suitable for individuals with a medical condition?
Individuals with a known or suspected medical condition should always talk to a licensed medical professional before beginning any form of supplementation. It is never advisable to self-diagnose or self-treat a medical condition.
What are the side effects, if any, associated with Vitamin K2 GOLD™?
Vitamin K2 GOLD™ does not have any known side effects. Please consult your healthcare provider before using this product if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or currently taking any OTC or prescription medication(s) for a health condition.
Does Vitamin K2 have any drug interactions?
Vitamin K2 should not be taken by individuals who are currently taking anti-coagulant drugs like warfarin, coumadin, and heparin, to name a few. Consult your healthcare provider before taking this product if you are currently taking and/or are planning to take any OTC or prescription medication for a health condition.