Ashwagandha, also known as Withania somnifera or "Indian Winter Cherry," is an adaptogenic herb that supports the body's ability to maintain physical effort and adapt to various types of stress. Perhaps the most famous rejuvenating botanical in Ayurvedic medicine, Ashwagandha is one of a rare group of botanicals and mushrooms possessing unique properties that help support the body's ability to resist and recover from stress, boost energy, and provide an enhanced feeling of overall well-being.
Health Benefits of Ashwagandha
- Offers adaptogenic support
- Offers protection from everyday stressors*
- Supports the body's natural resistance to stress and helps promote relaxation*
- Supports mental clarity, concentration, and alertness*
- Provides support against stress induced responses such as anxiety*
- Supports enhanced performance, strength, and endurance*
- Supports heart health*
- Supports healthy immune function*
- Supports healthy aging*
Ashwagandha GOLD™ (500 mg, 90 veg. caps)
Product ID: NGL4503
|Ashwagandha GOLD™ - Anti-stress & Relaxation Support - 500 mg (90 veg. capsules) by NutriGold|
|You Save:||$11.99 (40% off)|
- Ashwagandha GOLD™ Highlights
- Features KSM-66® Ashwagandha - award-winning, patented, clinically-proven extract of Ashwagandha Root
- Full-spectrum, holistic, standardized organic extract of Ashwagandha Root
- Highest percentage of withanolides in the world, derived from roots alone (>5%, by HPLC)
- Safety and effectiveness supported by clinical and preclinical studies
- Exceptional purity profile - free of Withaferin A, a known cytotoxic agent
- Nutrient dense extract rich in prebiotic fructo-oligosaccharides, vitamin A, essential amino acids, calcium and iron
- Synergistically formulated with organic Ashwagandha whole root powder
- Manufactured without the use of GMOs, additives, fillers, binders, artificial ingredients, preservatives, Stearates, Laurates, Sulfates and Dioxides
- Verified free of allergens by an independent, third-party lab
- Verified free of GMOs by Non-GMO Project™ Product Verification Program
- 500 mg per vegetarian capsule / 90 capsules per bottle
- Manufactured to stringent cGMP standards
- Ashwagandha GOLD™ Key Health Benefit(s): Helps manage symptoms of stress and supports relaxation, cognitive, emotional, immune, and sexual health*
Suggested UsageAs a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) vegetarian capsule 1 to 2 times daily with food, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
|Organic KSM-66® Ashwagandha
Full-Spectrum Standardized Extract
(Withania somnifera [root] standardized
to 5% Withanolides and less than
0.1% Withaferin A)
|Organic Ashwagandha Root Powder||200 mg||†|
|†Daily Values not established|
CautionPlease consult your healthcare provider before taking this supplement if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, and/or taking any prescription or OTC medications for a medical condition. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of the reach of children.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha, also known as "Indian Winter Cherry," is an adaptogenic herb that supports the body's ability to maintain physical effort and adapt to various types of stress. Perhaps the most famous rejuvenative botanical in Ayurveda, Ashwagandha is one of a rare group of botanicals and mushrooms possessing unique properties that help support the body's ability to resist and recover from stress, thereby providing an enhanced feeling of overall well-being.
What is the active ingredient(s) in Ashwagandha GOLD™?
The active ingredient in Ashwagandha GOLD™ are a group of flavonoids called Withanolides, which help support the body's ability to manage stress and promote relaxation.
Does Ashwagandha GOLD™ contain anything other than the active ingredient?
Ashwagandha GOLD™ does not contain anything other than the active ingredients.
How is the extract used in Ashwagandha GOLD™ different from/superior to other Ashwagandha extracts?
There is some confusion regarding the claims made about the different Ashwagandha extracts by companies using these extracts in their products. In our humble opinion, KSM-66® is a qualitatively superior extract across multiple markers of safety, efficacy, and overall quality:
- The active ingredient in Ashwagandha, Withanolides, is sourced from root alone in the KSM-66® extract whereas these active constituents are sourced from both root and leaf in other extracts, which goes against established Ayurvedic practices
- Some companies use leaves of Ashwagandha in their extracts to boost the total amount of Withanolides, but Ayurveda cautions that the leaf-extract be used only for occasional external, topical use. On the other hand, the root-only extract (as used in KSM-66®) is emphasized when the objective is to attain overall systemic strengthening of the mind and body
- The vast majority of clinical trials documented in PubMed use root-based extracts. Indeed, the only Ashwagandha extracts listed in the Indian Pharmacopeia, the British Pharmacopeia and the U.S. Pharmacopeia, are all drawn exclusively from roots
- Not all Withanolides are beneficial. There are good Withanolides and not-so-good Withanolides. Withaferin A is one withanolide which is cytotoxic, as has been established in multiple scientific studies. Some Ashwagandha extracts have high levels of Withaferin A because the manufacturers use Ashwagandha leaves. While adding leaves increases total Withanolide content, the increase, unfortunately, comes from less beneficial Withanolides
- KSM-66® is the only full-spectrum, organic extract of Ashwagandha standardized to 5% Withanolides from root alone
- KSM-66® is the only Ashwagandha extract to receive the prestigious "Best New Ingredient" award for its high content of Withanolides extracted from root alone using a patented process that preserves the natural ratio of all the other beneficial compounds in Ashwagandha responsible for its anti-stress and relaxation properties
Is Ashwagandha GOLD™ free of allergens and GMOs?
While Ashwagandha GOLD™ is free of egg, peanuts, shellfish, soy and wheat, it does contain a milk derivative (lactic acid). Ashwagandha Gold™ is certified free of GMOs by the Non-GMO Project™.
Is Ashwagandha GOLD™ suitable for Vegans / Vegetarians?
Ashwagandha GOLD™ is suitable for vegetarians, but NOT for vegans because it contains a milk derivative (lactic acid).
How long do I have to take Ashwagandha GOLD™ before I see any benefits?
Unlike OTC and prescription drugs that provide instant, temporary, symptomatic relief, herbal supplements provide progressive, long-term benefits by strengthening and supporting the body's natural defenses. Most herbal supplements, including Ashwagandha GOLD™, need to be taken for at least 6 to 8 weeks before the benefits of taking the supplement can be experienced. Please be advised that nutritional supplements work best when they are taken as part of a health maintenance program that includes a sensible diet rich in whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, a moderate exercise program, and the necessary lifestyle changes to support wellness.
Is Ashwagandha GOLD™ safe for long-term use?
Ashwagandha GOLD™ should be safe for both short-term and long-term use when used as directed and under the guidance of an experienced herbalist or other healthcare provider.
Is Ashwagandha GOLD™ suitable for individuals with a medical condition?
Individuals with a known or suspected medical condition should always talk to a licensed medical professional before beginning any form of supplementation. It is never advisable to self-diagnose or self-treat a medical condition.
What are the side effects and/or contraindications, if any, associated with Ashwagandha GOLD™?
Although Ashwagandha is generally safe when taken as directed, it should NOT be taken by pregnant or lactating individuals. It is not recommended to take Ashwagandha GOLD™ if you are on a treatment that is designed to suppress the immune system, as Ashwagandha helps support enhanced immune function. Please consult your healthcare provider before taking this product if you are currently taking or plan to take any OTC or prescription medication for a health condition.
Does Ashwagandha GOLD™ have any drug interactions?
Taking Ashwagandha GOLD™ with medications for a thyroid condition may cause too much thyroid hormone in the body and increase the effects and side effects of the thyroid hormone. Please consult your healthcare provider before taking this product if you are currently taking or plan to take any OTC or prescription medication for any health condition.
View Our Top Sellers In:
May We Suggest:
- Bioenergy D-Ribose
Brand: Doctor's Best
Product ID: DRB3227
Brand: Doctor's Best
Product ID: DRB3215
30 enteric coated tablets
- 5-HTP GOLD™ - Positive Mood
Product ID: NGL4521
120 veg. capsules
Brand: Source Naturals
Product ID: SRN3216
100 sublingual tablets
- Thyroid Health
Brand: Natural Factors
Product ID: NFS3214
60 veggie caps
- Rhodiola Force
Brand: New Chapter
Product ID: NCP3202
30 veggie caps